February 16, 2010

We are still living a computer-less life, despite our best efforts. The Virginia Tech computer doctors gave it quick round of computer defibrillation (sp?) and pronounced it good to go, for $50. However, once we got it home, it froze up the first time we tried to shut it down and now it won't start again. :( Hmmm...

Meanwhile, I've been getting my electronic fixes by playing with my new digital camera! It has all sorts of interesting features, like Smile mode and "Did someone just blink?" mode, but I'm mostly excited about the 7x zoom and increased low-light sensitivity. Anyway...here's another snow picture, this time of Floyd County's signature peak, Buffalo Mountain. Buffalo Mt. is the only known location in the whole world for a specific type of mealybug, but my zoom lens, while being pretty great, is not great enough to pick up mealybugs at this distance.

No comments: