June 10, 2011

Beach Week

Once again, my wonderful boss and his family invited us along on their beach vacation. This time we were at a beautiful house in Duck, NC right on the beach. You didn't even need flip flops to get to the ocean. We spent three full days and four nights enjoying the sand, the sun, the company and the delicious food! When you combine the cooking skills and creativity of all our beach-house-mates, you couldn't find better food at any gourmet restaurant.

The ocean was down right ice cold in the early morning, but warmed up nicely by the afternoon. The waves were calm, so we did a lot of playing in the ocean. Joe even dusted off his rusty surfing skills and had a blast!

Since we were only two hours from Va Beach, we decided to split our week in half and come visit Joe's family. On Sunday, we head back to the mountains. This week has totally spoiled me. I haven't done one single productive thing in days! I don't know if I'll even remember how to pull weeds when I get home. The only downside to this trip has been leaving Wilson behind. I am definitely looking forward to seeing that lousy beagle again. (Wilson is under the impression that lousy is a compliment, so don't tell him otherwise.)

Even though I did bring my camera with me on this vacation, I've been too lazy to even take it out and use it. Hopefully I can filch some photos from one of my vacation companions.

No comments: