July 26, 2011

While Joe and I were sailing in the Caribbean in 2006, he taught me some basics of bead weaving. Since then, I've done quite a bit of beading, usually in the evenings while watching movies. In an effort to continue to pursue my hobby without drowning us in beaded items (although it is fun having such an expansive collection of beaded jewelry on hand), I opened an Etsy shop and last year I had a booth at Steppin' Out in Blacksburg - a large, annual craft and art street festival. Neither venture has warranted quitting my day job yet, but I did have fun at Steppin' Out last year, and covered my expenses, so I've decided to give it another run.

Steppin' Out 2011 is happening on August 5th and 6th, very soon! I've been using this as the perfect excuse to spend the hottest part of the afternoon inside beading of late. Here are some photos of the resulting creations. And, if the festival doesn't go as well as I hope, at least I've got birthday and Christmas presents made...for the next decade!





3 comments:

Angela Baird said...

Beautiful! I love the way they look all together like that. You know, like a jar of jellybeans! Don't like to eat them, just to look at all the pretty colors ;) Good luck at your festival!

canningmama said...

love love love!!!!!!!!!!!

missamandabeth said...

I agree, I always think of a jar of colorful jellybeans as well! I don't think I'll ever run out of fun color combinations to try, and I'm always expanding my bead palette.