March 21, 2013

Sleeping In

Now that our mattress, which Eden and I share, is on the floor and separated from the woodstove by a baby fence, I don't have to worry if she wakes up before me. This morning she woke up at 6:30 am, which is not unusual for her but seemed ungodly early this particular time. I was definitely not ready to be fully awake and in entertainment/supervision mode, so I pretended to not notice she was awake and lay there drowsily faking deep sleep. This was especially hard to do since I was the only "toy" available to Eden at the moment. While I pretended to sleep, she amused herself by poking my closed eyes, giving me a full dental examination, a few wet willies for good measure, and twisting my nose like a door knob all while spitting and making motor noises!! Somehow I not only managed to keep up my act with a minimum of giggling, I even fell back asleep for real. Apparently Eden did too as I later woke up to find her zonked out, using my throat as a pillow with one hand on my forehead. Using this method, I got to "sleep in" until 7:30 am!! Hey, you take what you can get.

1 comment:

canningmama said...

it all comes from the practice you had playing dead when we were little.