December 21, 2008

Wilson's Cookie Jar


As I've mentioned, I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen since coming to VA Beach. Because it's Christmas, and because he's always guilt tripping me about moving him to the city where he has to be inside all the time, and because I just really like the little guy, I decided to try making Wilson some special treats. We have come to the conclusion that wheat and corn (very common dog food additives and common dog allergens) might be triggers for Wilson's seizures. So, I stirred up a concoction of oatmeal, molasses, peanut butter and rice flour baked into little gumball sized hard cookies. I figured it Wilson didn't like them, we could always eat them. However, the results are conclusive - Wilson loves them!

Last night we celebrated Joe's cousin's 30th birthday by going to an arcade. Joe couldn't believe I had never been to an arcade before (who knew I was such a sheltered child!). I guess arcade dexterity comes faster when you're a kid, because I certainly wasn't picking up on anything really quick. Joe and I went through 5 dollars of quarters and only ended up with 74 tickets. I had to give myself pep talks when I realized I was letting Pacman determine my feelings of self worth! All in all it was a very fun time. Everyone in our group was going to save their tickets to give to some lucky little kid, but it turns out there were no kids there, only goofy adults like ourselves trying to relive their childhoods. :)

No comments: