January 29, 2010

Here comes our first snowstorm of 2010, and the ground has only been clear from the last snow for about a week. I'm not quite sure how to accomplish it, but I need to get out and try to do something about the ruts in our road that formed during the mud-phase of the last snow melt and the torrential rains that followed. The ruts in one spot are SO deep that our undercarriage drags the ground. Not a good sound!

Joe is currently in the middle of a 3-day silent meditation. I dropped him off Wednesday evening with some friends of ours who were going to provide him with meals and a quiet room during the 3-day period. The plan was/is for me to pick him up on Saturday evening around 5 p.m. The only problem is there could be anywhere from 2-15 inches of snow on the ground at that point. I've learned my lesson and will be parking the car at the end of our driveway BEFORE the snow starts, but that doesn't guarantee I'll be able to pick him up. It all depends on how fast VDOT gets to plowing the secondary (or tertiary!) roads. I've left a message with our friends to leave him a message on his lunch tray that he has the option of being picked up this afternoon before the snow or taking the chance of it being a 4 or 5 day meditation depending on road conditions. I'm not too worried about going it alone for a few days; after December's snows, I'm an old pro at this.

No comments: