March 31, 2010

Updates

Joe and I dropped by Banjo and Yoda's new place of employment and residence yesterday evening when we were running errands around town. There is a grocery store just across the road from them, so we picked up a bag of carrots to bring as treats. Both goats seemed very content but were happy to see us. Banjo cried when we got out of the car but not when we drove away, thank goodness as that would have made me really sad. Banjo ate the whole bag of carrots by himself, but Yoda was happy to eat the wrappers from the ice cream sandwiches we got as treats for ourselves.

The chickens are mostly learning to stay off the porch and out of the front yard, but Reynaldo is proving to be the toughest case. He is determined to push the boundaries, and he definitely knows where they are. I have spied him through the window sneaking up and standing right at the edge of the new no-fly zone and staring for several moments before quickly tip-toeing across. He has gotten very quick at flying away the second the front door is opened, though, so we rarely get the satisfaction of a well-aimed squirt. In fact, the other morning Joe went sliding off the frost-slick porch, hitting his head and landing in a flower bed, in an attempt to nail the roguish rooster. He came limping back inside a moment later with the proclamation that "Reynaldo got me good this time."

This past Monday was the grand launching of the website for my dad's new business venture - HermanHat.com. I'm very excited that after years of people asking my dad where he got his hat (uniquely designed and made by himself, of course), he's finally making them for sale. Definitely the coolest hat I've ever seen, and not just because I have a family bias. :)

On a final note, I will leave you with this food for the eyes - the delicious results of our weekly baking day. Don't slobber on your keyboard, it makes the keys stick.

No comments: