March 28, 2012

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and clear, and I get to be home ALL day! So, here's my to-do list for tomorrow, in no particular order:

- Weedeat the garden
- Mow the yard
- Start tomato seeds in greenhouse
- Make yogurt
- Transplant lettuce and spinach seedlings from greenhouse to garden
- Prune the last four fruit trees
- Weed the other half of the strawberries

Hmm, I just remembered something. I'm 30 weeks pregnant and whereas I like to think I'm a fairly healthy, fit pregnant woman, you won't be reading any news stories about me having just completed a marathon or anything. With that reality check in mind, let me take another look at my list and see what I might reasonably expect to accomplish.

- Make the bed (I know this wasn't on the original list, but given my current condition, I often add this to my list of "accomplishments" for the day in order to boost my self esteem)
- Weedeat the garden (Assuming I can get the weedeater started, and that I remember to fill up the gas can on the way home from town today, I'll give it a try. I'm really not sure how it will affect me physically until I attempt it, but I probably shouldn't expect much)
- Mow the yard (Yeah, probably not, especially since the grass has already gotten too tall for me to use the electric mower, so I'd have to push the heavier gas mower around. Once again, assuming I could get it started, I might get one or two swipes done....hmm, maybe we'll just skip having a yard this year and settle for a couple of "pathways"??)
- Start tomato seeds in greenhouse (This absolutely must be done so I'm not even going to consider not doing it an option!)
- Make yogurt (Surely I can manage this, although the hike down to the spring and back to fetch the starter from it's hopefully chilled location may consume enough energy to knock several other items off the list)
- Transplant lettuce and spinach seedlings (Is it naptime yet??)
- Prune the last four fruit trees (The reason I haven't done this already will probably still keep me from doing it tomorrow, that being that I fenced them in so well to keep the deer out that I also fenced myself out. In years past, I've gotten down on the ground and actually shimmied under the fencing to reach the trees, but that ain't happenin' this year!)
- Weed the other half of the strawberries (Considering that the first half of the strawberry weeding was a time consuming process requiring a lot of uncomfortable crouching and impossible bending over and still wouldn't be done had Joe not joined in on the project, I'll not set my hopes too high.)

So, what does the revised list look like?

- Make the bed
- Start tomato seeds
- Make yogurt

Looks like a full day to me! :) (I'll let you know how it goes)

1 comment:

canningmama said...

that is just hilarious!