July 08, 2012

Catch up

Boy, it has been ages since I have been able to post anything on here. Eden is of course my main excuse. I'm getting good at doing things with one hand (and finding creative ways to get my feet involved as well), but typing is not one of those things. Add to that the fact that my internet connection is a good 1/4 mile hike away, in the blistering heat of summer, and it just isn't an ideal blogging scenario. I've written numerous posts in my head, if that counts for anything.

Here's the past two months in a quick summary:

Eden - growing like a weed (already doubled her birth weight!), more beautiful and fun every day
The garden - hanging in there but NOT growing like a weed (except for the weeds growing in it of course)
Wilson - 8 weeks gone but not forgotten
Poultry - Added five new young hens to the flock, slowly integrating them in with the existing birds. We've already had three separate batches of baby guineas hatched, and disappeared. It's sad there were no survivors this go round, but nice to not have to be constantly watching our backs for assaults from protective guinea moms!
Joe - Has taken care of practically every everyday life detail for the past two months. Eden and I would be lost without him. She and I are headed to my parents' for a few days, though, so he can buckle down on his 30-page paper that is due in three days.

Here are some pictures that will say the thousand words I don't have time to write. :)
Post nursing bliss

Daddy's reading is hypnotizing

Stripey little monkey!

Good dreams!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I can't believe how big she is already. And her hair is so reminiscent of Owen's when we was a baby. Bald on the top hair on the sides. So cute!

canningmama said...

yay, another post. i miss your more frequent post. you've really become so lax lately. :) hehe