January 09, 2013

Minor Miracles

Stop me if I've told this one before (or I guess stop yourself from reading). I know I've written this in my head multiple times while showering, but I'm not sure if its made it into print yet.

Anyway, I seem to have a magical bottle of hair conditioner, one that never ends. Granted, I only use it once a week at the farm I work on, but still, I've been working on this one medium-sized bottle of conditioner for a couple of years now! It's not even one of those jumbo "family sized" ones either. It's one of the small and expensive "natural" kinds. (I have a "no animal testing" criteria for my hair care. I just don't see the need for any rabbits to have their eyes burned out by chemicals so I can have more shine or bounce.) Its not even to the stand it on its head or give it a good shake down point.

Every time I shower I'm reminded of the Old Testament story about the woman who was going to have to sell her kid in to slavery until Elijah (?? Don't fact check me here, I'm going for the gist not the verbatim retelling) made her crock of olive oil never ending so she was able to sell a bunch and keep her kid. I think my bottle of conditioner has been similarly blessed. Not to be ungrateful, but if I could pick one thing to be never ending, I don't know if conditioner would have been my choice. Yes, it's nice since it is slightly more expensive than the discount brands, but how about the never emptying gas tank on my car? Or the never ending dog food bucket (we feed that dog too good)? I'd be happy with never ending olive oil too - healthy, tasty, numerous uses. Not that I'm not happy now. I'll take my blessings however they come. And if you ever need a little moisturizing designed for all hair types, you know who to talk to.

No comments: