January 19, 2009

Snow at the beach??

They are indeed predicting 1-3 inches of snow at the beach. I'm holding my breath!! I would be so excited to see some snow. Thinking cold, wet thoughts....

Last night Joe and I went out to dinner, a rare occurence for us. It wasn't a very good night to be vegetarian dinner-goers in Va Beach, however. The first restaurant we went to because we had heard good reviews, and they promote themselves as an "organic, eco-friendly..." restaurant. Sounded promising, except that they only had ONE vegetarian option, and that was a high priced pasta dish. I'm not usually won over by pasta dishes. I like to feel like I'm getting something I couldn't easily make at home, and I like to feel like I have options. So, we went on to restaurant plan B, a mediterranean place. They were out of the only vegetarian thing they had on their menu, but we were tired of skipping around, so we made a delicious dinner out of appetizers and salads. :)

After our dinner, we came out to find out car locked into the parking lot. The large sign said "24 Hour", the small sign said "This lot will be locked at 6 p.m." We didn't read the fine print. After circling around like caged animals a couple of times, we resorted to driving out via some wide sidewalks. I guess this is why we don't go out very often. :)

No comments: