January 26, 2009

Take Me Home Country Roads

Looks like I'm headed back to the mountains for a short while. I leave tomorrow for the Blacksburg/Pilot/Hillsville area to hang out with with family and do some work. Unfortunately I have to leave the boys, two-legged and four-legged, in the city. I will be staying with family, but I do hope to at least be able to stop by and say hello to the shanty. I am missing it so!

Last night Joe's cousin Levi came over and we had a super fun (albeit messy) hummus making party. We made use of our pressure cooker to cook up a bunch of garbanzo beans. First we made falafel and ate it rolled up in wraps with Joe's new favorite flat bread recipe. The rest of the beans we turned into hummus, split it into three batches, and seasoned each differently. Levi was our designated seasoning artist, and he did a wonderful job. Hummus is so expensive to buy, and so easy to make. Who knew?


This photo (L to R: Amanda, Joe, cousin Jesse and cousin Jake) was taken at a dinner at Joe's aunt's house a couple of weeks ago.

No comments: