February 07, 2009

My trip back home to see the family began in ice and ended in snow. Yay!! Finally some snow!

I first spent a couple of days in Blacksburg to do some work and boost group morale at Phil Co. :) Lynn and I mostly got to hang out late at night due to her afternoon piano lessons. Then it was a quick breeze through in Pilot to see the goats (who are looking super fat, furry and happy), friends and the shanty (which is looking safe and sound but misses us) on my way to Jenny's house. I had a lot of fun hanging out with Jenny and the kids. I think this was the first time that it really hit me that my little sister is a mother of three who's been married for almost 7 years now and runs a business and pays more bills in a week than I'd like to shake a stick at in a year! And she's pretty awesome on top of all of that. I didn't get to spend as much time with my parents, grandparents and little brother as I would like due to the fact that they are all currently under quarantine and suspected of carrying the bubonic plaque. ;)

A summarized list of the highlights of my adventures would include:
- A Mary Kay party that I had an allergic reaction to
- A Dr. Who party with no allergic reactions involved
- A Superbowl party at the infirmary
- A flooded basement
- A screaming pink marshmallow
- An earthquake that may or may not have been a dream (it seemed very real, but I'm the only one with any recollection of it)

Here are some pictures






Meanwhile, back at the ranch, or rather, the beach I was being missed. Joe and Lisa were handling my absence pretty well, but apparently Wilson couldn't handle it and went off the deep end. He ate three books, the fringe off of a rug and part of a bag of flour while attempting to deal with his angst at being "abandoned". He hasn't had a seizure in a long time, however, and there is a theory that he has switched from internalizing his stress to externalizing it. Try explaining that to the Virginia Beach Public Library! All's well that ends well though. I'm back in the pack and peace reigns once again. :)

1 comment:

canningmama said...

your highlights.....i laughed and laughed. i had a really good time too. we should make it a yearly tradition to spend 5 days together every winter and we can include the menfolk if they'd like to be included. thanks for putting up with the 4 of us. i know we're hard to handle....very hard. in fact, i don't think joe could handle 5 days with my brood. even laid back joe would go off the deep end. love ya!