February 23, 2009

One more week!

Only one week from today and we will be heading back to the mountains! I can hardly wait. It is sad to say goodbye to everyone in Va Beach, but boy are we missing our little shanty. I just wish Virginia wasn't such a ridiculously long state. If only the beach was just an hour or two away, rather than six! Do we really need all that middle section anyway? ;)

The only part about coming home that I'm not looking forward to is the packing part. Naturally, we have managed to accumulate more stuff (they have such good thrift stores here!). Joe has been picking up cast-off tennis shoes at the gym and now has a collection that will necessitate building a second shanty to house them. And of course there's all of the stuff of Joe's that has been hiding in his mom's attic all these years. Thankfully, he did a pretty merciless job of purging. I had to jump in and save a few momentos to prove to our kids someday that he even had a childhood.

I was hoping that after 3 months of having easy gym access and my own personal trainer that I would return home with some muscle to show for it. No such luck. Of course, I haven't really been serious about it, but it still would be nice. Joe, on the other hand, is all beefed up and ready for some heavy farm work! He has perfected some yoga moves that I wouldn't have believed humanly possible. I keep wanting to take some pictures, but he's always doing yoga really early in the morning when I'm still asleep. :)

1 comment:

canningmama said...

yay! I'm so glad you're coming home. I think about it every day and usually say it out loud! Aaron agrees that he's tired of me saying that. But he's also very happy you're coming home...and his comments are...he can't wait to see that beefcake named Joe..and in response to the cornrows picture..what a bunch of hotties...and he said something else too, but i don't remember. see you soon, dear heart!