December 06, 2009

Winter Wonderland!!

There was no kid in the universe more excited to wake up and see snow yesterday morning than I was. In fact, I had been having a very bad dream that I woke up and it was 79 degrees and sunny and I was REALLY upset that the weather people had been THAT far off! It snowed all day long with a few breaks here and there and we ended up with somewhere between 5-6 inches. We managed to make some time in our busy schedule of watching movies and drinking hot tea to get out and take some pictures to celebrate the beauty of the first snowfall.

Our little universe blanketed in white and silvery mist.


The view from the throne in the Shanty Loo. :)




Our Christmas window, complete with solar power friendly, highly efficient LED lights. :)


Our Christmas tree! Can you spot Wilson's ornament?



Joe wanted everyone to know that out of awareness of the excessive waste and great need in this world, we've decided to simplify and downsize to a smaller house. Just kidding! This photo was taken on the porch of the Shanty Loo (aka the World's Nicest Outhouse)

3 comments:

Kallie said...

It looks so beautiful! I badgered Jenny to post some snow pictures on her blog but it didn't work, so I decided to see if I could see snow pics on your blog and I was pleasantly surprised. She called me to rub in the fact that she was making snow cream at your house and sitting in front of the fire and I have to admit I was a bit jealous. Hope you all are well.
Kallie

canningmama said...

Don't even mention the fact that your day was MADE when you had a surprise visit from your FAVORITE sister and her children and husband! : )

missamandabeth said...

Sorry Jenny, you did in fact make my day. This particular blog post was fairly uninspired as I was writing it on the fly at Howard and Melodie's with people bustling all about. I mainly wanted to get pictures up before the snow was all gone and they were irrelevant. But, you did INDEED make my day. :)

Kallie, you are welcome to come visit for some snow cream and fireside sitting anytime you want. Of course, it would help if there was snow on the ground. :)