May 21, 2010

I've been trying to prolong the feeling of "staying on top of things" as long as I can, but it is fast becoming impossible. Between our place and my boss' farm, it is a snowballing list of things that need to be transplanted, planted, watered, weeded, cultivated, etc. etc. etc. I've spent all day getting the last of the tomatoes and ground cherries out of the greenhouse (which they had seriously outgrown) and into the garden and still the greenhouse is full of flowers and peppers anxiously awaiting their turn for freedom. In anticipation of this crazy rush, Joe and I decided to take a preemptive vacation this year. Our 4th anniversary was last Sunday, the 16th, so we decided to go camping at the Outer Banks of NC to celebrate. Since more is merrier, we invited along my sister Jenny and her family (and by sheer coincidence my sister Lauralee and her family also crashed the camping trip) and spent several wonderful days indulging in the following activities - playing and doing absolutely nothing (and a lot of driving). Here are a few photos from our trip.



Savannah, Alan and Katie Mae with their Uncle D.


Super cute beach bum Katie Mae with her much beloved daddy


Sandy sunflower Savannah


Lauralee, Jenny and myself (check out my nice farmer's tan)




Joe and Alan kicking back in a sand chair

No comments: