November 13, 2008

Rain, rain and more rain. We need it though, so I am very happy. It looks like we might be in for several days of rain and clouds, so that means watching the electricity usage until the sun comes out again. Luckily, our system is sized to handle several cloudy days, and we don't really NEED electricity anyway. The rain may also keep me from some of the pre-Va Beach projects I was hoping to accomplish, but it will provide a nice down-time as well. It seems like I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off and STILL can't seem to get anything done. I don't know how most of the world does it! I only work 3 days a week, 18-20 hours at most, but I never seem to have enough time. Luckily Joe has a lot of time at home and it far more motivated and efficient than I am. I come home from work to find major advances have been made since I was gone. The truck rebuild project has been taking up at least one of my off days a week, but we are making good progress on it. After another full day of tweaking and fiddling, it does officially start and run. Plus, the brakes work and all fluids are installed (although some are leaking, which is the next priority). I don't know that it will be finished and road worthy before Va Beach, but it's come a long way. The dream of a small diesel truck is becoming a reality. Well, off to take my boss' cat to the vet..

No comments: