June 11, 2009

Too Much Food!

If I were to make a "Pros and Cons" list for Joe being gone for two weeks, part of the list would look like this:

Pro: I actually have leftovers when I cook.
Con: Without refrigeration, I can't eat the leftovers in time.

Who knew that too much food would be a complaint! In the spirit of not being wasteful, I feel morally obligated to eat as much as I can as fast as I can. The garden is cranking out more broccoli, peas and lettuce than you can shake a stick at. If it is even possible to gain weight on a diet of only green vegetables, then Joe might return to find a chubbier version of me than when he left. We have a very eccentric friend who has a theory that the government is controlling the weather through the exhaust trails left by airplanes. According to him, airplanes fly over spewing out "chem-trails" which then cause it to rain the next day, pouring chemicals on the earth. I'm quite dubious of this idea, but I have my own theory that someone has mixed Miracle-Gro in with the rain. My potatoes got a little over ambitious in their attempt to become a forest and are now falling over under their own weight, and the peas grew twice as tall as their support system and are suffering the same fate as the potatoes.

Please invite yourself over to my house for dinner. We'll be having stir-fry and salad.

1 comment:

canningmama said...

Consider it done, Mandy. I have self invited and will be there on Monday. Your not so anonymous sis, Canningmama. : )