July 03, 2009

Catching up

It's time again for your regularly scheduled bi-monthly post. :) Hopefully I will soon be able to post more often as Joe and I gave me a new used Mac laptop for my birthday! I have to be patient for a few days longer, though, as it is being shipped as we speak.

Anyway, Joe is back in town and freshly rejuvenated from his meditation retreat. Only Joe would be adventurous/trusting enough to leave his stuff in the care of a total stranger in a New York bus station to go running around the streets of NYC at 3 a.m. looking for pizza! Whereas most of us would have been robbed blind and left starving, he managed to find the last open pizza parlor moments before it closed and returned to find his stuff safe and sound. Some people have all the luck, although I'm hoping some of it will transfer to me by association. :)

As soon as Joe returned home, we hit the road together, along with his mom, to his family reunion in MO. We had a blast, despite some of the craziest heat and humidity I've felt in a long time. Our car thermometer was reading 102 degrees while driving through St. Louis! Luckily, Joe's cousins (and reunion hosts) have a wonderful pond, and it became the center of activity over the weekend. I took my camera with me, but I only managed to get one photo. At least it was the group photo.


Now we are looking forward to some serious home-time to start refocusing on our projects at hand. We just started our 3-month experiment of a homegrown diet, so it is a good thing that our garden is going strong.

1 comment:

PocketsoftheFuture said...

Sorry to not get in touch sooner. I haven't forgotten Joe's email about visiting. We would love to have you over and also to visit you as we long quite desparately to live off the grid too. Carolyn is out of town until early August. We thought we would perhaps wait until she returns?

Glad your garden is doing so well.

Leslie